Friday, September 26, 2008

Watch Out I'll Push Past You

I'm so excited! Tomorrow I go to the Warrenton Antique Week preview weekend. I have been waiting for this for months, I'm like a giddy school girl. The most exciting part of it all this year is I'm making my way to see the Junk Gypsy tent. My Mom's been put on warning that if she drops from fatigue, I'll be back to pick her up, but I'm pressing forward without her. That sounds bad, doesn't it? Sorry Mom, but I missed last year and Warrenton is just to good to miss. I'm not sure that I can describe it, but I will be taking tons of pics to post later. This year it's all about 1940's kitchen to stay true with our 40's built house.

Everyone should experience Antique Week. It's held in the beginning of both April and October. The horizon is filled with tents and tables covered with every implement of household decoration or collectible know. The show has grown almost every time it has been held. At this point, the main event has grown to include the four small towns in the area; Round Top, Warrenton, Carmine and Shelby, including shows across the countryside between these small communities. People are everywhere, so if you don't like crowds or if you don't think you can handle the fevered race to find your treasure before it's gone, don't come. I, on the other hand can't wait to get there!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Lucky Girl!!!!!
I can't think of anything I'd rather do!! Have a great time, I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures :)
Mother or not...you can't let her slow ya down~Just KIDDING!!

tryingtobegreener said...

Wow! I would love to go to something like this!!! I'd have to be dragged away from it at the end of the day. Have fun :-)