Friday, September 11, 2009

You're Telling Me Why??























I haven't figured it out yet, but there is definitely something about either me or this house that makes my kid's friends air their family business. These kids pass the threshold and they start spilling their guts. I know way too much dirt on these parents.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not complaining. I love me some gossip, it's just sorta weird where the information is coming from. Maybe they need to get it off their chests or maybe they just have loose lips.

It does make for strange conversations in my head when I see these parents out around town or when they come to pick up their precious blabber mouth.

I know about divorces, fights, habits, likes & dislikes, what they think of their neighbors and / or family members, who hides purchases from their spouse, hang ups, mood swings and who's on medication. I even know about siblings sneaking out, older boyfriends, who closet smokes, who's failing a class or two and who had a minor fender bender without telling anyone.

Too bad I can't sell these tid bits of information to the trash rags or that none of the parents are wealthy enough to blackmail. My kids need to network up the food chain!

All this has me thinking about if my kids go and tell their friend's parents any of my dirt. Sadly, I don't really have any. Actually these parents are making me reevaluate my life. I'm boring! I need to trash it up a bit. I'm not as interesting as these people. Anyone have any suggestions??

I'm not on medication, even though I envy those spaced out soccer moms. I don't really drink, so the chance of some drunken embarrassment is slim to none. I don't have a rap sheet. My kids aren't failing. There isn't anything I feel is worth hiding from my husband, so there goes any one's chance of blackmailing me. I'll never be lucking enough to get to divorced (I'm joking honey). Wow I do sound boring!

So boys and girls think about what your kids are overhearing or watching you do. They might just tell me and you don't want that, because I'll blog about it!

1 comment:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Oh poor Miss Boring. Fun as usual.