Sunday, September 20, 2009

I Drank the Kool-aid




I said I wouldn't do it, but I did anyway. Not only did I drink the Kool-aid, but it was my second glass. I guess I can officially be called a follower, that which I detest. I'm not talking about following my favorite blogs or the followers of this blog. It's the following of trends or the crowd that I don't like.

Why? I joined Twitter today and before that I join Facebook. I tried to stay away, but got sucked in anyway.

First my damn friends got me started with Facebook. Who knows exactly how many hours of my life I've lost to Facebook. At first it sucked me in just with collecting friends, then I started collecting old friends, then people I went to high school with, then people I went to middle school with, then old neighbors, then people I used to work with, THEN I started excepting old boyfriends. Before I knew it I was excepting their wives and my husband's old girl friends. I'm friends with freak'n everyone. Why stop now? I'm not a snob! I'm an equal opportunity friender.

Now here comes Twitter. I don't know how long I'll be on this one, because I'm Twitter retarded. I understand Twitter, but I tweet from the computer not my cell phone. Every place I go everyone is tweeting on their phones. I hate texting so much I took texting off my phone. I don't like the tiny keys and I see no reason not to use the mouthpiece.

For now though, I'm like the Dad in that Verizon commercial where he is tweeting from the couch and all he is doing is typing that he is on the couch. If you are Twitter retarded or just want to know when I'm on the couch, then come see me at subrbnpsychosis.



4 comments:

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Yes I'm there and the info is in a private message at blogcatalog. I have 8 followers and I only know and follow one. I was tricked into using it. I HATE KOOL-AID!

Kirsten said...

i'm going to follow you, but not in a freaky way : )

Amusing Bunni said...

Twitter is fun, you'll like it once you get used to it. I just use it on the computer too!
Tweet cha later. Cute blog, too.

Deb said...

OMG! Someone else who is a Twitter Tard! I have a Facebook acct. somewhere...a friend made it for me and I don't remember the log in stuff. I don't have texting on my phone either. If I wanted to type someone something, I'd e-mail it.